Hair type determines the best way for you to shampoo and condition. If you don't know what hair type you have, there's a chance you could be using products that don't bring out the very best in your luscious locks! Read about hair types.
Shampooing Fine & Oily Hair:
- Firstly brush your hair when it is dry to remove excess oil from the sebaceous gland. This gives you a good base for shampooing.
- Wet your hair and then dispense shampoo into your palm and work into your hands. Massage through the scalp all over, but don’t use too much pressure as this will encourage the sebaceous gland to work and produce oil.
- Rinse out the shampoo thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.
Conditioning Fine & Oily Hair:
- After shampooing, squeeze out as much of the water as possible (the water will dilute the conditioner). Then apply your conditioner to mid-lengths and ends only. Do not apply to the roots as this will make hair oily. Leave on as per recommended instructions then rinse.
- Wet your hair and then rub shampoo into your hands first and then massage through the scalp all over and rinse thoroughly. Depending on your lifestyle or the amount of styling products you use you may need to shampoo twice.
Conditioning Coloured, Thick or Coarse Hair:
- After shampooing, squeeze out as much of the water as possible. (The water will dilute the conditioner). Then massage the conditioner into the scalp, mid-lengths and ends, comb through with a wide tooth comb and then leave in as per recommended instructions then rinse.